Leading design firms across the U.S. and Canada are offering paid summer internships for student winners, and outstanding professionals have been selected to jury the AIA COTE Top Ten for Students Design Competition: INNOVATION 2030.
Architecture 2030, with the AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE) and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA), and in collaboration with Design Intelligence and View Dynamic Glass, has produced this year’s COTE Top Ten for Students – INNOVATION 2030, a student design and ideas competition for adaptable, resilient, and Zero Net Carbon built environments.
As the planet warms and storms, flooding, drought, heat waves, and sea level rise intensify, it is essential that students entering the profession have the knowledge and design skills necessary to address and mitigate the effects of climate change.
– Edward Mazria, CEO and Founder of Architecture 2030
The five Jury members selected for the INNOVATION 2030/COTE Top Ten for Students design competition are accomplished leaders in architectural design, education, and professional practice:
- Jeanne Gang, Studio Gang
- Ted Hyman, ZGF Architects
- Justin Brown, MASS Design Group
- Tom Fisher, University of Minnesota
- Karin Bjorkman, Nola | Van Puersem Architects
Awards and Internships
Ten winning student projects will be awarded $2,000 each and recognized in architectural press and at the A’18 (AIA Conference on Architecture 2018) in New York City, and each student from a winning project team (1 to 3 students per team) will be offered a paid summer internship at a leading design firm in the U.S. or Canada.
Design studio faculty sponsors of the winning projects will be recognized for their leadership and innovative design instruction, awarded $2,000, and invited to participate in the Design Futures Council 2018 Leadership Forum on Design Education in New York City, just prior to A’18.
Top design firms offering one or more summer internships include the following, with more firms signing up every week:
Innovation 2030 Supporters
We would also like to thank the supporters of the INNOVATION 2030 student design competition:
AIA COTE Top Ten for Students Sponsor
About Architecture 2030
Subscribe To Our E-News
- Thousands Worldwide Participated in the 1.5ºC Global Teach-In
- Climate plans, a cause for optimism, and the 1.5°C Global Teach-In
- Meet the lineup: leading firms achieving 1.5ºC goals + session highlights for CarbonPositive RESET!
- Registration is Open for the CarbonPositive RESET! 1.5°C Global Teach-In
- SAVE THE DATE(S): Carbon Positive RESET! 1.5°C Global Teach-In
Latest from Twitter
607 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505 email@example.com tel: 505.988.5309