Architecture 2030 to Host International Zero Net Carbon Conference in China
October 2016 | announcements | education | international
Architecture 2030 and CEDAAB are hosting an important international conference on China’s move towards a Zero Net Carbon built environment, Oct 27th in Wuhan, China
On September 3, 2016 China ratified the historic Paris Agreement on climate change and committed to taking a global leadership role in addressing this crisis. President Xi Jinping vowed to “unwaveringly pursue sustainable development” in China and stated “Our response to climate change bears on the future of our people and the well-being of mankind”.
China is currently urbanizing at a rate unmatched in human history. Over the next few decades, China will build 1.5-2.5 billion sqm new buildings annually as China’s urban population grows by about 350 million people. Today, buildings account for about 30% of China’s greenhouse gas emissions, but this is projected to increase rapidly as more people move into cities to find work.
To meet the commitment of Paris agreement, this conference will establish that Zero Net Carbon (ZNC) building design is essential and achievable for dramatically reducing GHG emissions in the building sector. Top practitioners will present the transformative principles and practices that make ZNC buildings possible.
- China’s policies and commitment to a low/zero carbon built environment by the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development / China Green Building Council
- The Six Principles for Zero Net Carbon Design by Ed Mazria, Architecture 2030
- Guidelines, strategies, tools, and resources to support low carbon design by Carl Elefante, AIA President-Elect
- International and Chinese project case studies in urban planning, residential and community design, and commercial and institutional projects by SOM, ZGF, NBBJ, Perkins+Will, DLR and more
- Future collaboration and actions
Other speakers include Chen Zhen, Secretary-General of CEDAAB, and Stanley Yip from Peking University’s Center of Urban Planning and Design.
For additional information on forum registration and sponsorship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the Forum brochure: in English | in Chinese
Ticket price: US$ 270 (1800 RMB). Prices include lunch and dinner.
Register and Pay with Wire Transfer:
From within China, in RMB. Please scan QR code on the right to register on mobile or send your information (company, title, mobile) to email@example.com.
Payment information will be sent to your email after registration
Wuhan image used under Creative Commons License
Architecture 2030’s mission is to rapidly transform the built environment from the major contributor of greenhouse gas emissions to a central solution to the climate crisis.
607 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505